The Young Africa Media Summit is a two-day hybrid professional mentoring and empowerment conference for YALI alumni, YALI TV correspondents, and young Africans working within the media and communication space. The conference will host plenary sessions, lectures, idea-thon on relevant media content facilitated by established media experts from top media houses in Africa and beyond.
The event would serve as a capacity-building program for all YALI TV correspondents, associates and media practitioners in the YALI Network to improve on their service delivery. It would also be an opportunity for participants to submit production for review and adoption unto the YALI TV program bouquet for 2021. This event will also be used exclusively to commemorate YALI’s 1st decade anniversary and World Television Day.
This platform would also be launching the Young Africa Media Fellowship for young practitioners to be groomed and mentored by some of Africa’s stellar media personalities. Additionally, YALI TV would also be accepting entries from producers with trailers or teasers of youth-oriented and leadership related productions for consideration on the program bouquet of YALI TV in 2021.
Please take note: Physical attendees would be paying a fee to cover refreshment, Covid-19 protocols and certification.
The Young Africa Media Summit is expected to attract primarily YALI fellows (Mandela Washington Fellows/ YALI Network members etc.) and young Africans on the continent and Diaspora in the media and communication industry. It will also attract media and communication associations and organizations, distinguished young media entrepreneurs, established journalists and communication specialists globally.
The event will stream live to the over 650,000 YALI Network members and viewers of YALI TV. Hundred onsite slots will be granted to registered participants to attend the conference in-person.
SPEAKERS AND FACILITATORS
The 2-day program will attract speakers and facilitators from the US Embassy of Ghana, recommended speakers from the US Department of State, African Government Information and Communication Representatives, founders and owners of media outlets, mass communication academia, and captains of industry in Africa and the Diaspora, and media and communication practitioners within the YALI Network.
● Be journalist, media personality, producer, social media professional or a communications professional in Africa or of Africa descent between 18 years to 45 years
● Have a proven track record of media studies, internships, or professional practice
● Online presence and visibility (website, social media pages, etc.)
● Have an ambition of telling the African story through the power of all forms of media
● Being YALI alumni or member is an advantage
TYPES OF PARTICIPANTS
● Onsite participants: Registration Fee – For certification, refreshment, Covid-19 protocols and writing materials
● Production Entrants
● Deadline for Participation Registration: 25th November 2020
● Deadline for Production Entries: 28th December 2020
● Selected participants (online and onsite), will be notified by 12 midnight GMT on 26th November 2020.
Follow the information below to apply for the various categories.
For further information:
Call: +233509569607 WhatsApp: +233244082718 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org